WE.WILL.NOW IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE WE.R99 CAMPAIGN - DEADLINE: JANUARY 18TH, 2013 -
The We.R99 Campaign is an opportunity for young people to present their vision of the world to the masses. We.Will.Now will be working with young people from across Toronto to create “We.R”.
What “We Are the World” was to the top 1 percent – “We.R” will be that to the bottom 99, our opportunity to have a positive impact on the world, and speak for the voiceless.
Young people selected to participate in this campaign will participate in music and social cause workshops, and work as a team to write, record and PRODUCE “We.R”. The final track will be performed live at We.Will.Now’s 2013 Refocus Fashion Show taking place in downtown Toronto in May 2013.
- Resident of an under-resourced community
- Between the ages of 16 and 25
- Must be willing to attend a maximum of 2 workshops per week
- Must be willing to assist with the planning of live performances
- MANDATORY – Positive attitude
- Artist of any genre of music – you do not have to be a professional, we welcome applications from all artists
The We.R99 Campaign was created to bring more attention to worthy social causes. The intention is to direct more attention and resources to those that are experiencing challenges in life. The We.R99 Campaign will not support or endorse the use of profanity, derogatory terminology, racial slurs, or any term/s that the organization deems to be inappropriate and/or insensitive.